2021 Board of Directors Elections
HTAi is seeking active members of the Society to join our Board of Directors (Board). The Board plays a key role in articulating the strategic direction of HTAi and ensures the Society is governed with excellence and vision.
The following positions are currently open:
- Vice-President for the two-year term 2021-2023. At the end of this term, the Vice-President normally succeeds to the President (two-year term) and, finally, succeeds to the Past President (two-year term). HTAi Job Description-Vice-President
- Secretary for a three-year term 2021-2024. This position is eligible for re-election to a total of six years of service. HTAi Job Description-Secretary
- Treasurer for a three-year term 2021-2024. This position is eligible for re-election to a total of six years of service. HTAi Job Description-Treasurer
In the event that an existing Director of the Board applies for any of the above positions and is elected, a Director position may become vacant. The Director position will be offered to the nominee who was not elected to the executive positions but received the highest number of votes. HTAi Job Description – Director
Considering the high profile of these positions within the Society, and while not limited to these areas, the Nominating Committee is encouraging applications from Society members in good standing with experience in one or more of the following: organizational leadership, governance of not-for-profit organizations, business and finance, operations management, marketing, communications, sponsorship development, and content strategy.
*Please note while these are preferred attributes when considering whom to nominate, the attributes themselves do not form part of the standard Nomination Committee evaluation process. All nominees are welcome. *
We request that applicants provide the following:
- One-page bio
- Complete Application Form
- Letter providing an overview of your experience and qualifications relating to the Board of Directors Criteria and Core Competencies (maximum of two pages PDF).
- Two emails from two (2) Society Members in good standing in support of your application.
- It is a legal requirement that each person being elected as a director provide the Society with a signed Consent to Act as Director before taking their duties
All nominations should be submitted online between February 3 to February 17 by 23:59 MST. The Nominations Committee will review all nominations to ensure eligibility as outlined in the Society Bylaws and present the slate to the Board of Directors for approval.
The voting will be open from April 7 to May 7, 2021, 24 hours a day.
The voting will be administered by Civica, a neutral third-party electoral service. All HTAi members in good standing are eligible to vote and will be contacted by Civica via email with instructions once voting opens.
Elected candidates are expected to attend the HTAi June Board meeting at their (or their organization’s) own expense as Observers. The new Board will be announced at the Annual General Meeting of Members on June 18, 2021. That is the official commencement of the term for the elected Board members.
Should you have any question, please contact the Nominating Committee at [email protected]