Position: Health Economics Consultant (permanent or contractor)
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Medlior Health Outcomes Research Ltd. (Medlior), invites applications for a Health Economics Consultant position.
Reporting to the Principal or Senior Consultant, the consultant is responsible for leading the development, design and conduct and delivery of health economic-focused research projects for our clients. This role has customer-facing consulting responsibilities, and internal-facing responsibilities with other members of the Medlior team. The Consultant will support the successful growth of Medlior customer base through creative and timely provision of fit-for-purpose deliverables. Given the nature of the position, applicants should be comfortable with shifting priorities and a variable work-load.
Applicants for both permanent and contractor positions will be considered. Candidates with the ability to be office-based are preferred; home-based candidates will be considered.
- Perform systematic literature reviews and data extraction relating to health-economic topics
- Development of technical documents and manuscripts for peer-reviewed journals
- Lead proposal development for health economics projects
- Draft and ensure timely execution of project plans
- Successfully deliver projects to highest quality standard and within expected timelines and budget
- Provide technical and strategic consultation to clients and guidance to staff and contribute to
development and maintenance of client relationships
- Oversee conduct of the studies from kickoff to delivery of final product
- Lead customer and internal project meetings
- Mentor and develop junior staff in consulting services
- Comply with all Medlior policies and procedures
- Work in the best interests of Medlior and in accordance with the Core Values
- Demonstrated experience in health economics within the pharmaceutical industry or consulting to pharmaceutical companies
- Demonstrated modelling skills, knowledge and practical applications of all relevant methods in health economics
- A proven track record of developing fundamental health economics deliverables for clients including, such as: systematic literature reviews, meta-analyses, cost-effectiveness analyses, budget impact analyses, HTA submissions & value dossiers• Strong technical education in health sciences, with experience in outcomes research
- Specific experience in the design and delivery of health economic models (e.g. cost-effectiveness,
cost-utility, cost-minimisation, cost-benefit, budget impact, etc.) would be considered an asset
- Strong problem-solving ability, turning challenges into opportunities
- Ability to translate technical concepts to clinicians and other health sciences professionals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Leadership skills, able to supervise, oversee and critically appraise work of team members
- Demonstrated ability to connect with people and build relationships across multidisciplinary teams
- A mature attitude, with initiative and a firm commitment to job ownership
- An eye for details
- Collaborative and persuasive, with good listening skills
Graduate degree in Health Economics with 3+ years experience in health outcomes research consulting or the pharmaceutical industry.
Salary will be based on qualifications and experience.
Medlior is a boutique Canadian consultancy, based in Calgary, Alberta. Medlior was established in 2008 and maintains a strong reputation for providing Health Outcomes Research Services for clients in the US, UK, and Canada. To learn more, please visit www.medlior.com
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for submitting their resumes. Please note, only those candidates chosen to continue on through the selection process will be contacted.
Please email your resumes and cover letters to HR@medlior.com by January 31st, 2019.