Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Posting Date: March 1st, 2019
Start Date: June 1, 2019 or as soon as possible thereafter
Salary and Benefits: $70,000 – $100,000, depending on skills and experience, plus comprehensive health/dental plan
Closing Date: March 29th, 2019 (the position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found)
The Institute of Health Economics (IHE) is a not-for-profit organization that assists decision makers in health policy and practice with the results from economic evaluations, costing, organizational performance, and cost-effectiveness analyses, and with syntheses of findings from research in health technology assessment. We specialize in producing health economic evidence including decision analytic modelling, econometric analysis, health technology assessment (HTA), and knowledge transfer/exchange.
IHE is recruiting a health economist to design and conduct economic evaluations, including cost-effectiveness analyses, budget impact analyses and evaluations of policy initiatives. The successful candidate will be involved in the design of studies and evaluation plans, literature reviews, development and analysis of economic models, and the preparation and dissemination of results to multiple stakeholders. The role requires an excellent understanding of economic evaluation methods, health services research, and econometric skills.
The IHE’s core objectives are to:
• support decision-making in health policy and practice with evidence from research in health economics and HTA;
• assess the medical, economic, social, and ethical implications of both established and new health practices, procedures, and technologies; and
• facilitate discussions and partnerships among government, academia, industry, and healthcare providers to address important issues in health care.
Role & Responsibilities:
• Development and implementation of research studies, including cost-effectiveness analyses, return-on-investment modelling, and policy evaluations
• Literature searches and critical appraisals for the purpose of model data retrieval
• Consultation with key experts for data collection and study validation
• Project coordination, whenever applicable
• Preparation of research reports, publications in scientific journals, and presentations at conferences (poster and oral)
• Publishing your work and presenting your work within various forums to a variety of stakeholders
• A graduate degree in Economics, and/ or Health Economics
• Experience of applied health economic evaluation
• Experience in Health Technology Assessment would be a strong asset
• This position requires sound understanding of health economic principles, as well as strong quantitative skills and methodological skills in terms of econometrics, economic modeling,
and economic theory
• Project management skills are essential
• Ability to assess and conduct costing, cost-benefit, cost-effectiveness analyses, ROI, market analysis.
• Excellent writing, communication, interpersonal, and critical thinking skills are required
• Demonstrated ability to develop and analyse economic models using MS Excel, R, Stata or other software packages
Interested individuals are encouraged to submit a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further enquiries about the post or to arrange an informal discussion please contact Dr Jeff Round (email@example.com).