We are pleased to announce an opportunity for for-profit organizations to join the HTAi Global Policy Forum.
We welcome Expressions of Interest (EOIs) from for-profit organizational members of HTAi who are engaged directly with HTA bodies worldwide and support methods, policy, and process development within the HTA community. While EOIs from any for-profit entity are welcome, the Global Policy Forum is particularly interested in receiving EOIs from organizations active in Europe, North America, and other global settings. The benefits of Global Policy Forum membership include:
- The opportunity to send two senior staff members to Global Policy Forum meetings to network and build relationships in an informal and constructive environment with senior staff from other organizations who have interests in HTA, both similar to and different from their own;
- The opportunity to debate HTA and policy decision making issues with senior figures from health care, industry, HTA agencies, and regulatory and other bodies in a “safe harbour” environment;
- The opportunity to learn about the present state of, and likely developments in, HTA in relation to decision making and to consider the implications of these developments;
- The opportunity to meet HTAi Board Members and to discuss with them the future of HTAi and the services the Society offers;
- Recognition, in HTAi reports and publications, as well as on the HTAi website of the member organization’s strategic relationship with, and support for, HTAi; and,
- All the benefits of organizational membership in HTAi.
The benefits of the Global Policy Forum to HTAi include:
- The opportunity for the HTAi Board of Directors to get to know and work with senior figures in key HTA constituencies so as better to understand their perspectives on HTA and HTAi;
- The opportunity for the HTAi Board of Directors to know more about the point of view of producers of technologies related to specific topics and to debate them in a neutral environment;
- The opportunity to discuss the future work of HTAi with these key constituencies; and,
- Income to support the Global Policy Forum and other activities and services that HTAi provides to its membership.
For-profit member organizations are expected to contribute $27,000 USD per annum in addition to their HTAi organizational subscription.
It is expected that those joining the Global Policy Forum will contribute to the topic scoping of the 2021 meeting and attend the 2021 HTAi Global Policy Forum either in-person in The Hague, Netherlands or digitally via HTAi’s virtual platform (January 24-26, 2021).
PROCESS FOR SUBMITTING AN EOI
An EOI should comprise a short document (no more than 4 pages A4, minimum 10 pt font) that includes:
- Confirmation that the organization is an organizational member of HTAi;
- An overview of the organization, indicating its role and activities associated with HTA;
- Reasons for seeking to join the Global Policy Forum and the contributions the organization expects to make;
- A short biography of the people in the organization who will participate in the Global Policy Forum and the expertise and experience they bring; and,
- A statement of intent to join the Global Policy Forum for a minimum of 3 years and make the annual financial contribution required of members.
The deadline for receipt of EOIs is Thursday, September 17, 2020. EOIs must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Final decisions on the EOIs received will be taken by the HTAi Executive Committee (on the basis of advice from the Global Policy Forum Organizing Committee) and will be communicated to organizations as soon as possible thereafter.
Full details of the EOI submission and review process and criteria are available in the Member Selection Process Guideline.
Questions? Please contact the HTAi Global Policy Forum Secretariat via email email@example.com