Statement on Funding
HTAi statement on relations with public and private organizations:
- HTAi is a scientific and professional membership society. It welcomes organizational members and sponsors whose support helps to further the mission of the Society, particularly through the development of new initiatives and the extension of activities to less developed countries.
- HTAi recognises that all organisations (governments, non-governmental organisations and businesses) have interests. HTAi protects its integrity and independence by requiring transparency in all financial support, by relying primarily on individual members for core funding and by having a diversified pool of sponsors so that no single interest has undue importance.
- For meeting sponsorship, HTAi welcomes contributions in support of an event as a whole, and such contributions will be given appropriate acknowledgement in programmes, posters and other promotional material. Sessions in main meeting programmes are run under the standards of scientific and professional peer review and these sessions may not be sponsored by an outside organisation. Social events, pre- and post-meeting workshops and other elements (e.g., bags, books, etc.) may be sponsored at the discretion of the Board. Those participating in HTAi meetings are personally responsible for the costs to them of registration and attendance. HTAi willingly invites organisations to sponsor participants’ attendance at meetings by subsidising the costs to participants of registration, travel and accommodation, particularly for students and for those attending from less developed countries.
- HTAi adheres to the principles on conflicts of interest promulgated by the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors. All those invited or offering to submit contributions to sessions or posters in main meeting programmes are obliged to declare sources of support and potential conflicts of interest as a regular part of the review process.
- All HTAi Board members are required to declare any interests which might conflict or be seen to conflict with their work for the Society.HTAi supports integrity and transparency by inviting all members and other interested parties to view these declarations and its financial statements.