Your biweekly news source for all things Health Technology Assessment international
HTAi 2023 Annual Meeting news
Registration for the HTAi 2023 Annual Meeting opens THIS WEEK!
Each year, the leading minds and senior experts in HTA gather in one location to learn, share, and network. This year, those minds and experts will gather in Adelaide, Australia, from June 24 to 28.
- An introduction to Adelaide, including its attractions and anticipated weather for June
- The spectacular Meeting venue
- Details on hotels offering discounted rates for Annual Meeting delegates
- The International Flight Program with Lufthansa Group, offering discounted rates on flights to Adelaide
- Australia entry requirements, including COVID-related regulations and visa specifications
- Program features, including the Annual Meeting theme, plenaries, and speakers
- Sponsorships available for Not-For-Profit and For-Profit groups interested in leveraging HTAi’s largest and most prominent event
- Support graphics to accompany social media posts, emails, and presentations about the Annual Meeting
2023 Latin America Policy Forum Topic
The Latin America Policy Forum has chosen the topic for the next meeting, which is taking place in Santiago, Chile, August 13-15, 2023. The meeting will explore the topic, “Como los nuevos esquemas de acceso, incluyendo los acuerdos de riesgo compartido pueden formar parte de las decisiones de cobertura”. In English, “How new managed entry agreements, including risk sharing agreements can take part in the coverage decision process of new technologies”.
More information on the Latin America Policy Forum can be found here.
HTAi Board Nominations
HTAi Board Nominations open NEXT WEEK, and you could be elected to the Board!
On February 14, the HTAi Board of Directors and its Nominating Committee will open the nominations for members in good standing for the following positions on the Board:
- One (1) Vice President position, with a total commitment of six (6) years: two-year term as Vice President (2023-2025), two-year term as President (2025-2027), and two-year term as Past President (2027-2029)
- Three (3) positions of Director with a term of three years (2023-2026). These positions are eligible for re-election to a total of six (6) years of service.
To ensure all interested members have adequate time to prepare, requirements for nomination submissions can be found on the Board Elections page on the HTAi website.
Nominations will open at 08:00 MST (15:00 UTC) on February 14, 2023, and close on March 1, 2023, at 23:59 MST (06:59 UTC on March 2, 2023).
Please note: All 2022 memberships expired on December 31. Only members in good standing are eligible to run for election and vote. To ensure eligibility, renew your membership today.
All questions related to Board nominations and elections can be directed via email to [email protected].
A new i-HTS & HTAi webinar has been announced for February! Join us on February 14, 2023 to explore “Early Awareness, Early Advice, Early Dialogue, Scientific Advice”. Learn more
DCIG Writing Project
The HTA in Developing Countries Interest Group has launched a writing project on a topic pertinent to low- and middle-income countries. The written pieces will be published on the Interest Group website under the title, “Emerging Issues Relevant to Developing Countries. Winners of the competition will be awarded a monetary prize. Submissions are accepted until April 30, 2023. Learn more
GetReal Institute Annual Conference 2023
The GetReal Institute is pleased to announce its inaugural Annual Conference taking place on the 16th of March 2023 in Utrecht, Netherlands. The conference will discuss RWE developments in a global context, reflecting upon progress in Europe, North America, Latin America and Asia Pacific. Learn more
Surname and Email Change
A new contact email is now available for HTAi Vice President, Rabia Sucu (formerly Kahveci). Any member wishing to contact Rabia Sucu can use [email protected].
HTA News from Around the World
From EUCOPE: The latest episode of EUCOPE’s podcast, Sounds of Science, explores the new EU HTA procedure. Read more
From the United Kingdom: The United Kingdom Department of Health and Social Care released its inaugural Medical Technology Policy. Read more
From NICE: A new blog from NICE explores international collaboration and advancing the use of real-world evidence in health technology assessment. Read more
From Decide: A new piece from Decide explores how the use of PPPs can help rebuild Ukraine’s infrastructure. Read more
From the Bulletin Board
The current positions are open within the HTAi network:
- Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Health Economics and Outcomes Research – The Center for the Evaluation of Value and Risk in Health (CEVR) at Tufts Medical Center & GSK – USA
- Manager, Health Services Research – Changi General Hospital, SingHealth – Singapore
- Manager, Quantitative Methods and Real-World Evidence (RWE) – CADTH – Canada
- Student Assistant, Department of Supply and Health Economics – IQWIG – Germany
Senior Health Technology Assessment (HTA) Analyst – HIQA – Ireland
If you have an open position you’d like to share with the HTAi membership, please contact [email protected].
IJTAHC Featured Publications
- Scaling up health technology assessment capacities in selected African countries – A conceivable route ahead. Read more
- The value of reducing arthroscopic partial meniscectomy in the treatment of degenerative meniscus tears: a budget impact analysis. Read more
- A technical review of the ISPOR Presentations Database: an update on changes to the database from the authors and ISPOR. Read more
Renew your HTAi Membership for 2023
As HTAi memberships are valid January 1 – December 31 each year, all 2022 memberships are now up for renewal. Ensure you maximize your member benefits and keep in the know about the latest HTAi news by renewing your membership for 2023, today!
An HTAi membership holds many benefits, including:
- HTAi’s premier Events and specialized Interest Groups
- Free online access to IJTAHC, the International Journal of Technology Assessment in Health Care
- HTAi resources and news, including e-newsletters, bulletins, and international developments in HTA
- An international network of HTA experts, innovators, and influencers
- A community that’s dreaming, shaping, and championing the future of HTA
For more information on your member and benefits, visit our membership page.
Important Upcoming Dates
Building on the accomplishments of DIA’s Regional Annual Meetings and on the collaborative initiatives developed in the Middle East region since 1996, the 1st edition of DIA Middle East will provide a key …
Speaker of the day, Nora Ibargoyen-Roteta will guide us to a jungle of terms which are similar but not same. A differentiation is needed. We will introduce Early Awareness, Early …
In February 2023, the HTAi Board of Directors and its Nominating Committee will begin recruitment of members in good standing to join the Board. To ensure all interested members have adequate time to …
The GetReal Institute is pleased to announce its inaugural Annual Conference taking place on the 16th of March 2023 in Utrecht, the Netherlands. The conference will discuss RWE developments in a …
DIA Europe 2023 is designed to drive insights into action by connecting key policy discussions to real-world knowledge that you need for your everyday job. Your participation will accelerate your …
Learn about the Global Policy Forum.
The i-HTS Spring Scientific Meeting 2023 will take place on April 18 & 19, 2023, in Brussels. i-HTS will host this meeting in the facilities of the Delegation of the Basque …
RWE4Decisions Webinar “Beating Cancer with Highly Innovative Technologies – What’s the role of RWE?”. 18 April 15.00-16.00 CEST. More details here.
EUPATI Fundamentals is a training about Patient Engagement addressed to professionals in academia and pharmaceutical industry. EUPATI Fundamentals’ mix of practical and classroom learning guides professionals through the processes of engaging patients throughout medicines development providing a strong …