HTAi Policy Forum Advisory Committee opens call for nominations
Newell McElwee is stepping down from the HTAi Policy Forum Advisory Committee (PFAC) due to his recent retirement from Boehringer Ingelheim. HTAi thanks Newell for his dedication to the committee over the past year and wish him all the best.
At this time, HTAi is opening a call for nominations for the HTAi Policy Forum Advisory Committee to fill a For-Profit vacancy. The PFAC is an umbrella committee aligned with the strategic direction of the Society to review the operating models within and between the forum series.
The PFAC meets 4 times per year (1.5 hour meetings) via teleconference (Zoom). Alicia Granados currently Chairs this Committee with support from Alicia Powers (Policy Forum and Events Manager) and Hana Price (Sr. Coordinator, Events) from the HTAi Secretariat.
The term of office for member organization representatives is 3 years and can be extended up to a further 3 years only (maximum 6-year term). Please send nominations to [email protected] no later than Friday, December 16.
Nominations will be reviewed by the PFAC with the support of the HTAi Secretariat. Please see the Policy Forum Advisory Committee terms of reference for more information. If you have any queries about this role, please contact the Secretariat at [email protected].
An announcement from the Global Policy Forum
The topic for the 2023 Global Policy Forum, taking place in The Hague, the Netherlands is: ‘The Value and Impact Of Health Technology Assessment”.
The Background Paper has gone through several rounds of internal edits and has been revised based on suggestions from the Global Policy Forum Organizing Committee. We now open the consultation on the document to all members. You can access the document here: https://online.pubhtml5.com/xcuo/urog/
We ask that you please submit your feedback by emailing the Policy Forum team at [email protected] no later than Monday, December 12, 2022, EOD.
Thank you in advance for your contributions. Member engagement is invaluable to the success of the Global Policy Forum each year.
A sincere thank-you from Dan Ollendorf, Global Policy Forum Chair; Rebecca Trowman, Global Policy Forum Scientific Secretary; and the HTAi Policy Forum Team
Membership Renewals Underway
It’s that time again! HTAi memberships are valid January 1 – December 31 each year. Throughout the month of November and December, members will receive notices to renew memberships before the December 31 deadline.
An HTAi membership holds many benefits, including:
- HTAi’s premier Events and specialized Interest Groups
- Free online access to IJTAHC, the International Journal of Technology Assessment in Health Care
- HTAi resources and news, including e-newsletters, bulletins, and international developments in HTA
- An international network of HTA experts, innovators, and influencers
- A community that’s dreaming, shaping, and championing the future of HTA
For more information on your member and benefits, visit our membership page.
HTAi Award Nomination Deadlines Around the Corner
Nominations for the David Banta and Sigrid Droste Awards are due December 15, 2022.
Don’t miss this opportunity to recognize dedication and excellence in HTA. Visit the HTAi awards page for more information, including criteria, nomination forms, and submission instructions.
RWE IG Webinar
On November 24, 2022, the RWE & AI Interest Group hosted a webinar for HTA stakeholders to explore on how a multistakeholder collaborative approach can impact the use of RWE in decision-making.
The webinar featured speaker Shahid Hanif from GetReal Institute. The webinar is now available to members on-demand.
HTAi Joins the Board of Decide
Last week, HTAi announced it has joined the Board for Decide, the global network for value for money in health.
A Look Back
Asia Policy Forum Wrap-up
Thank you to our Policy Forum members in attendance at the Asia Policy Forum in Singapore, November 2-4. The event was filled with productive discussion and included a tour of the National Centre for Infectious Diseases. We would like to extend a special thank-you to the APF chair, Prof. Guy Maddern, and Scientific Secretary, Linda Mundy, for their work and dedication to the event.
World Orphan Drug Congress 2022
The World Orphan Drug Congress 2022 took place in Barcelona, Spain, November 14-17. Veronica Lopez Gousset, Technical Officer for PCIG, represented HTAi as a panelist for “Complementing market access strategies in LatAm: the role of patient organizations in value/HTA discussions.”
EuroScan/i-HTS Scientific Autumn Meeting 2022
The EuroScan/i-HTS Scientific Autumn Meeting 2022 was hosted by Osteba, in Bilbao, on November 7-9, in concomitance to the Osteba’s 30 years anniversary. As an MOU partner, HTAi was invited to attend the event. Highlights of the meeting:
- Horizon Scanning of healthcare technologies: today and tomorrow – Dawn Craig (from the NIHR Innovation Observatory) provided a panoramic view of the tools and resources they are developing in Newcastle | https://www.io.nihr.ac.uk/
- Early Dialogue around the world – Nora Ibargoyen Roteta (from Osteba) presented the results of a systematic review on this topic (published here: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/36276363/
- Personalized Medicine – Lorena Aguilera Cobos & Juan Antonio Blasco Amaro (from AETSA) presented their systematic review on the barriers in the evaluation of Advanced Therapy Medicinal Products (ATMPs) and opened a call to identify research groups interested in working on this theme. During the session, the i-HTS working group for ATMP was found. This interorganizational working group will describe possible solutions to obstacles in the development and implementation of ATMP and bring them into the public discussion.
HTA Survey from EAHIL
European Association for Health Information and Libraries (EAHIL) Special Interest Group Evidence Based Information is conducting a survey aiming to identify the current dissemination strategies for HTA reports, and is asking for participation from the HTAi membership. Access to the survey is available here, and it should take no longer than 10-15 minutes to complete. The deadline is December 15, 2022.
CADTH is now accepting abstracts for the 2023 CADTH Symposium. The Symposium will be held on May 16, 17, and 18, 2023 as a 3-day hybrid event that will provide both in-person and virtual attendance options. The in-person program will take place at the Shaw Centre in Ottawa, Ontario. The theme is Shaping Future-Ready Health Systems. The submission deadline is 17:00 EST, December 16, 2022.
HTA News from Around the World
From Decide: Disruptive technologies in health care: something to chew on
From EUnetHTA: Patient input and healthcare professional input requested for second medical device Joint Clinical Assessment.
From OHE: The World Needs New Antibiotics. A Proposed US Program to Develop them Offers a High Pay-Off
From the Bulletin Board
The current positions are open within the HTAi network:
- Chief Executive Officer at Institute of Health Economics, Canada
- Math Modeler/Health Economist at Institute of Health Economics, Canada
- Research Assistant/Research Fellow (HTA) at Centre for Health Policy, Melbourne School of Global and Population Health, Australia
If you have an open position you’d like to share with the HTAi membership, please contact [email protected]
IJTAHC Featured Publications
- Integrating organizational impacts into health technology assessment (HTA): an analysis of the content and use of existing evaluation frameworks. Read more
- Economic evaluation guidelines in low- and middle-income countries: a systematic review. Read more
- Patient-centered health technology assessment: a perspective on engagement in health technology assessment by three patient organizations and a health technology assessment body. Read more
Important Upcoming Dates
Deadline for Oral & Poster presentation submissions: December 8, 2022 (23:59 Mountain Standard Time) For tips on writing a strong abstract, watch this video. Submit your abstract
HTAi offers Participation Grants (former Travel Grants) to support HTA stakeholders who would otherwise not be able to attend the HTAi Annual Meeting for the purpose of contributing their expertise, presenting their …
The topic for the 2023 Global Policy Forum, taking place in The Hague, the Netherlands is: ‘The Value and Impact Of Health Technology Assessment”. Consultation from all members has now …
David Banta Award The David Banta Distinguished Career Award was established In 2012, and Is named after its inaugural winner Mr. David Banta. Nominations are accepted from November 1 to …
European Association for Health Information and Libraries (EAHIL) Special Interest Group Evidence Based Information is conducting a survey aiming to identify the current dissemination strategies for HTA reports, and is asking …
CADTH Symposium Call for Abstracts Submission deadline: 5:00 p.m. ET on Friday, December 16, 2022. CADTH is now accepting abstracts for workshops, panels, breakfast sessions, oral presentations, and posters for …
HTAi office will be closed for the holiday season during the following period: December 23, 2022, at 12:30 MST (UTC -7) until January 2, 2023, inclusive.
All HTAi 2022 Membership expire on December 31. To enjoy uninterrupted access to your membership benefits, please renew your HTAi membership for 2023.
i-HTS presents "Handling the uncertainty in Health Technology Assessment." What does uncertainty means? Can we define something that is caused by our antiknowledge? Our speaker Milou Hogervorst will enable her …
i-HTS presents "Guidelines and training, appropriate use of health technologies". Our speaker of the day Nora Ibargoyen-Roteta, Senior Researcher at the Basque Gouvernment (Spain). In regard to the Curriculum on Early …
INAHTA members are asked to mark their calendars for the 2023 INAHTA Congress that will be held on 28-29 June at the National Wine Center in Adelaide, Australia. The 2023 …