Disinvestment and Early Awareness
The Disinvestment and Early Awareness Interest Group (DEA-IG) is a working platform to discuss and develop HTA relevant issues regarding early awareness and disinvestment.
The purpose of this group is to
- formalize a forum of discussion on this topic in HTAi;
- development a repository of current experiences and methodological approaches to disinvestment, early awareness and alert activities;
- establish criteria on common approaches to the topic;
- propose methodological approaches; and
- give advice to members of HTAi and other agencies working in this area.
Members of this group are staff members of HTA organizations, government departments and agencies, for-profit and not-for-profit firms, consultants and experts, and all those who use, provide or otherwise are interested in early awareness, horizon scanning, disinvestment and reinvestment issues for health services. The members work in a wide variety of capacities to support informed decisions on disinvestment and promote initiatives or programs in their agencies, organizations and countries.
The DEA-IG was originally established as the Disinvestment Interest Sub-Group. This sub-group originated in 2008 with proposals for panels and workshops at the 2008 HTAi Annual Meeting in Montreal and was formally established in 2010 as an Interest Sub-Group of HTAi by the Board of Directors. In 2013, the Disinvestment Interest Sub-Group reflected on their working area and reacted to a request by the EuroScan international network to include early awareness. Consequently, the sub-group submitted a proposal to the HTAi Board of Directors, who then approved the change to form the current interest group, DEA-IG.
Aims & Objectives
- To be a key international centre for sharing knowledge and expertise in methods for identification and prioritization of emerging, new, obsolete or low-added-value technologies for HTA, and in the practical application of disinvestment for health systems
The DEA is active in developing, collaborating on, and sharing information on disinvestment experiences and methods all around the world, including
- making connections to other scientific and working areas, groups or networks relevant to fulfill the tasks;
- sharing expertise about processes, methodologies and tools, and the opportunity to collaborate on projects of similar interest;
- learning about HTA, early awareness and disinvestment (building capacities and improvement of competences); and
- running workshops and panel sessions at the HTAi Annual Meeting.
Chair: Rosmin Esmail (Canada)
Co-Chair: Antonio Migliore (Italy)
Technical Officer: Anna Lien Espeland (Norway)
Dr. Vigdis Lauvrak (Norway)
Dr. Hans Peter Dauben, Former Chair (Germany)
Dr. Brian Godman, Former Co-Chair, Disinvestment (Sweden)
Dr. Iñaki Gutierrez-Ibarluzea, Former Co-Chair, Early Awareness and Alert Systems (Spain)
Dr. Roberta Joppi (Italy)
Dr. Julie Polisena (Canada)
Join this IG
Involvement in the IGs is open to all HTAi members with current membership, which allows you to join the IG mailing lists to receive notifications about IG activities and opportunities to get more involved in specific working groups and projects.
To join, or if you have further questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a member of HTAi, you're become part of an international society of experts and leaders in the HTA field. You can gain access to our Annual Meeting, Policy Forums and Interest Groups, where you can participate in the critical conversations that help inform policy on the use of effective technologies in health assessment.