HTA in Developing Countries
The HTAi Interest Group on Developing Countries (DCIG) was established in 2008, during the Annual Meeting at Montreal, Canada.
DCIG provides a platform to the members from developing countries to share experiences, discuss needs, challenges and solutions, raise HTA awareness, share opportunities for education and training and work together.
The group is a communication platform for HTAi members from developing countries. Other members who are interested in learning about ongoing developments in these settings and who would like to participate and contribute are also welcome to join. The members share their experiences, developments and activities in their settings, share resources and announcements, discuss ideas and projects. This is a platform to help advance HTA at a global level.
Members communicate through an email list-serve, the HTAi website and Facebook Group. Annual business meeting is held each year during the HTAi annual meeting.
Aims & objectives
- Provide a platform within HTAi for discussion of the HTA needs,challenges and solutions pertaining to developing countries.
- Promote understanding of the concept of Health Technology Assessment in developing countries, among professionals, policy makers, academia, industry, health insurance sector, patients,consumer organizations and people in general
- Facilitate the initiation of HTA activities in developing countries
- Strengthen and refine HTA activities that are already in existence
- Promote linkage and partnership between HTAi members (individuals and institutions) in developing and developed countries
- Promote linkage between international organizations (including WHO, PAHO etc) and public and private sector national / regional bodies in developing countries
Chair: Dr. Rabia Kahveci (Turkey)
Technical Officer: Esra Meltem Koç (Turkey)
Andres Pichon Riviere (Argentina)
Jani Mueller (S. Africa)
Joseph L. Mathew (India), Former Chair
Paulo Picon (Brazil), Former Chair
Temirkhan Kulkhan (Kazakhstan)
Yingyao Chen (China)
CALL FOR CHAIR
DC-IG is looking for someone to take up the position of Chair. If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please review the guidelines and submit your application form and CV to DC-IG Chair, Rabia Kahveci, at email@example.com by 30 April, 2019.
Join this IG
Involvement in the IGs is open to all HTAi members with current membership, which allows you to join the IG mailing lists to receive notifications about IG activities and opportunities to get more involved in specific working groups and projects.
As a member of HTAi, you're become part of an international society of experts and leaders in the HTA field. You can gain access to our Annual Meeting, Policy Forums and Interest Groups, where you can participate in the critical conversations that help inform policy on the use of effective technologies in health assessment.