For Industry and Researchers
This webpage sets out some of the challenges in involving patients and the public in HTA, development of methodologies, and optimising and assessing the impact of their knowledge and values.
HTAi 2016 Panel Session Report on Patient Involvement in the Development, Regulation and Assessment of Treatments for Rare Disease
- Ethical Issues for patient groups to consider when collecting and reporting information for HTA submissions – Short Guide (PDF)
- Ethical Issues for patient groups to consider when collecting and reporting information for HTA submissions – Long Guide (PDF)
National Codes of Practice on relationships between the pharmaceutical industry and patient organisations:
- International Federation of Pharmaceutical Manufacturers & Associations (IFPMA)
- The European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations (EFPIA)
- The Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA)
Citizen and Patient Involvement Library – See the HTAi Vortal for peer reviewed papers on patient and public involvement in HTA. This resource was developed in collaboration with the Information Retrieval IG and includes collected papers on
- Citizens Juries and the Public Perspective,
- Qualitative research to capture patient and carergiver experiences, and
- Measuring the impact and evaluating processes of patient and public involvement.