Title: HTAi Administrative Project Coordinator
Reports To: Director of Operations
Hours: 37.5 hours per week; Monday to Friday
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada
Health Technology Assessment international (HTAi) is the global, not-for-profit, scientific and professional society for all those who produce, use or encounter health technology assessment (HTA). HTAi represents 82 organizations and over 2,500 individual members from 65 countries around the world.
In health systems around the world, HTA plays an essential role in decision making and informing policy on the use of effective technologies. This includes pharmaceuticals, medical devices, diagnostics, procedures and other clinical, public health and organizational interventions, as well as the efficient use of resources in health care.
The Administrative Project Coordinator is a key support role. This individual works collaboratively with other members of the HTAi Secretariat to deliver the society’s projects and events at selected locations worldwide. The responsibilities are varied and extend from supporting Board activities, managing membership system, supporting various committee chairs and committee activity, to scheduling meetings and responding to information requests. We are looking for professional, well organized, and enthusiastic individuals to take on these roles. We work in a global environment and are seeking candidates who value working in a collaborative setting, are interested in growth, are confident, and have technical skills that will enable success in a small team setting.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Coordinate all communication and function as Board administrative liaison
- Support the coordination of HTAi projects (Annual Meetings, Policy Fora, Interest Group initiatives, etc.)
- Schedule meetings, record minutes and facilitate communication between secretariat, Board and various committees. Includes coordinating Secretariat’s overall meeting calendars
- Respond to email, phone and other enquiries from Board, HTAi members or member organization as directed
- Answering all general enquiries related to HTAi projects (inbox inquiry management)
- Support the project teamwork in accordance with project plans, Gantt charts and meeting timelines
- Support the Chairs of HTAi committees and ensure a consistent flow of information between groups as required
- Generate written reports as needed – including monitor and report on deliverables
- Coordinate policy and process develop and reviews
- Support the administration of awards as well as grant and scholarship applications
- Support the administration of travel arrangements, including transportation, visa applications, accommodation management and expense reports as required
- Support membership renewal process ensuring timely invitations to current members and regular reporting on membership metrics
- Support as needed administration of sponsorship initiatives including sending invitations, scheduling meetings, processing documents for approval
- Support as needed all sponsors and exhibitors
- Support the delivery and onsite setup of materials for projects, meetings and events
- Support the administration of post-meeting and project evaluations
- Perform other duties as necessary
- Project management and meeting planning experience
- Project management certification or training is an asset
- Familiarity with rules of order and procedures at meetings
- Proven English-language communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail.
- Certificate or demonstrated proficiency of Microsoft Office suite and ability to learn new software programs with ease as required (ie ASANA)
- Exceptional Customer Service, operating consistently with high-energy, enthusiasm and adaptability
- Ability to take on responsibility and use initiative to prioritize and work effectively within the team, under pressure and adhere to firm deadlines
- Experience working with XCD, Sales Force, ICS, or other membership software
- Experience working with diverse, global teams and confidence to work in a virtual setting
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to write using clear language. HTAi business is conducted in English additional languages are an asset.
- Post-secondary education or training an asset. Demonstrated experience will be considered.
- Downtown office setting and significant communication through technology to connect with colleagues and stakeholders around the world
- Ability to work some flexible hours to accommodate meetings scheduled with other time zones, as needed.
- Ability to travel internationally
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- A fast-paced fun environment requiring professionalism, agility, and confidence to work independently
Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Please submit your resumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. This posting will remain open until suitable candidates are selected. We thank you for your interest in this position; only those invited to interview will be contacted.