Your biweekly news source for all things Health Technology Assessment international
HTAi Board Election Opens Soon
The HTAi 2023 Board Elections open March 30!
The HTAi Board of Directors makes important decisions that shape the organization’s future and provide critical guidance and oversight by determining and monitoring the Society’s strategic direction. Participation in the HTAi Board Election is a key duty for members, and one that makes a significant impact on the future and success of the organization.
Election activities will be performed by a third-party organization called Civica Election Services (CES). Members should expect emails from CES regarding voting instructions at the end of March.
Candidates will be announced on March 27, 2023 via the HTAi website, to provide members with time to become familiar with the candidates before elections open.
Please note: Only members in good standing are eligible to vote. If you have not established your 2023 membership, renew your membership today to ensure you can participate.
Updates from the Policy Forum team
We are pleased to announce the following updates regarding HTAi Policy Forums:
Global Policy Forum
- The 2023 Global Policy Forum is taking place on March 26-28, 2023, in The Hague, the Netherlands. The meeting will centre around the 2023 Global Policy Forum background paper, “The Value and Impact of Health Technology Assessment”. Members can review current and past background papers on the Global Policy Forum page.
- The Global Policy Forum has recently welcomed not-for-profit organization Institut national d’excellence en santé et en services sociaux (INESSS) and for-profit organization Novartis to the Forum as a result of our recent call for expressions of interest.
- Rebecca Trowman has accepted an additional two-year term as Scientific Secretary and will support the 2024 and 2025 Global Policy Forums. Dan Ollendorf has accepted an additional one-year term as Chair and will support the 2024 Global Policy Forum.
Asia Policy Forum
- The Asia Policy Forum has recently accepted Alex Best (Johnson and Johnson) and Tashi Penjor, Ministry of Health, Bhutan to the Asia Policy Forum Organizing Committee.
- Linda Mundy has accepted an additional two-year term as as Scientific Secretary and will support the 2024 and 2025 Asia Policy Forums.
Latin America Policy Forum
- Latin America Policy Forum has recently welcomed Alicia Granados (Sanofi), Felipe Vera (Ministry of Health, Chile), Diego Guarin (Merck) and Luciene Bonan (CONITEC) to the Latin America Policy Forum Organizing Committee.
- IECS, represented by Andrés Pichon-Riviere, has accepted an additional two-year term as Scientific Secretary will be signing on as Scientific Secretary, and will support the 2024 and 2025 Latin America Policy Forums. Additionally, IECS’ long time administrative support person, Gabriela Rodriguez has left IECS to pursue other opportunities. She was an avid supporter of the Latin America Policy Forum for many years, and we will miss her. We welcome her replacement, Valentina Stacco and look forward to working with her on future Forums.
HTAi 2023 Annual Meeting Early Bird Registration Ends Soon!
Early bird registration for the HTAi 2023 Annual Meeting ends on March 30, 2023!
The HTAi 2023 Annual Meeting will introduce hundreds of presentations over five days to promote the development, understanding, and use of HTA around the world as a means of fostering innovation and effective use of resources in health care. The presentations include a keynote and three plenaries that will explore various aspects of the event’s overall theme, the Road to Policy and Clinical Integration for health technologies. The Meeting will take place in Adelaide, Australia, from June 24 to 28, 2023.
Important Upcoming Dates:
- Early-bird registration deadline: Thurday, March 30, 2023 at Midnight MDT (UTC-6)
- Standard registration deadline: Thursday, June 15, 2023 at Midnight MDT (UTC-6)
- Last-minute registration: Friday, June 16 to Wednesday, June 28, 2023
New this year
Registering for the Annual Meeting has never been easier! While completing registration for the 2023 Annual Meeting, attendees can also pick up social event tickets and register for Workshops all at the same time!
HTAi Board President Dr. Wija Oortwijn, Directors Dimitra Lingri and Wim Goettsch, members Milou Amber Hogervorst and Bettina Ryll, and collaborator Rick Vreman are presenting a session at DIA Europe on March 23, 2023, in Basel, Switzerland. The session is called “Uncertainty Management in Regulatory and Health Technology Assessment Decision-Making – Guidance of the HTAi-DIA Working Group”. Learn more
DCIG Writing Project
The HTA in Developing Countries Interest Group has launched a writing project on a topic pertinent to low- and middle-income countries. The written pieces will be published on the Interest Group website under the title, “Emerging Issues Relevant to Developing Countries. Winners of the competition will be awarded a monetary prize. Submissions are accepted until April 30, 2023. Learn more
HTA News from Around the World
From CADTH: Registration for the 2023 CADTH Symposium is now open. This year’s theme is Shaping Future-Ready Health Systems. The CADTH Symposium is a 3-day hybrid event that will be held on May 16, 17, and 18, 2023. There are both in-person and virtual attendance options. The in-person program will take place at the Shaw Centre in Ottawa. Read more
From EUPATI: The European Patients Academy on Therapeutic Innovation (EUPATI) is leading a 3-year training project entitled ‘HTA4Patients’ , which began March 1, 2023. HTA4Patients will enhance the education, training and information that EUPATI already provides on HTA via its Open Classroom and Toolbox empowering patients and patient organisations to play a vital role in the implementation of the new framework. Read more
From NICE: NICE launches AI and Digital Regulations Service to support the development and widespread adoption of safe, innovative, value-adding technologies in health and social care. Read more
From WHO: The second International Symposium on Health Technology Assessment (ISHTA) 2023 was held in New Delhi on 10 March 2023. Organized by Health Technology Assessment in India, Department of Health Research, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW), Government of India (GoI), in collaboration with WHO India Country Office and Center for Global Development, the symposium’s theme for this year was ‘Affordability, availability and accessibility of healthcare technologies through evidence generated by Health Technology Assessment (HTA) for Universal Health Coverage’. Read more
IJTAHC Featured Publications
- Health technology assessment 2025 and beyond: lifecycle approaches to promote engagement and efficiency in health technology assessment. Read more
- The added value of applying a disinvestment approach to the process of health technology assessment in Italy. Read more
- Health technology assessment of diagnostic tests: a state-of-the-art review of methods guidance from international organizations. Read more
Renew your HTAi Membership for 2023
As HTAi memberships are valid January 1 – December 31 each year, all 2022 memberships are now up for renewal. Ensure you maximize your member benefits and keep in the know about the latest HTAi news by renewing your membership for 2023, today!
An HTAi membership holds many benefits, including:
- HTAi’s premier Events and specialized Interest Groups
- Free online access to IJTAHC, the International Journal of Technology Assessment in Health Care
- HTAi resources and news, including e-newsletters, bulletins, and international developments in HTA
- An international network of HTA experts, innovators, and influencers
- A community that’s dreaming, shaping, and championing the future of HTA
For more information on your member and benefits, visit our membership page.
Important Upcoming Dates
The GetReal Institute is pleased to announce its inaugural Annual Conference taking place on the 16th of March 2023 in Utrecht, the Netherlands. The conference will discuss RWE developments in a …
DIA Europe 2023 is designed to drive insights into action by connecting key policy discussions to real-world knowledge that you need for your everyday job. Your participation will accelerate your …
Learn about the Global Policy Forum.
The i-HTS Spring Scientific Meeting 2023 will take place on April 18 & 19, 2023, in Brussels. i-HTS will host this meeting in the facilities of the Delegation of the Basque …
RWE4Decisions Webinar “Beating Cancer with Highly Innovative Technologies – What’s the role of RWE?”. 18 April 15.00-16.00 CEST. More details here.
EUPATI Fundamentals is a training about Patient Engagement addressed to professionals in academia and pharmaceutical industry. EUPATI Fundamentals’ mix of practical and classroom learning guides professionals through the processes of engaging patients throughout medicines development providing a strong …
TOPRA will be holding its inaugural Innovation Summit on 19 April in Amsterdam (the Netherlands). With the overarching theme of Innovation Driving Change, the Innovation Summit presents an opportunity to …
Join us for the latest webinar from the HTAi RWE & AI Interest Group: AI-Augmented HTA Submissions and Decisions: Evolving Trends and Real-World Use Cases. Time and Date April 27, …
The World Health Assembly is the decision-making body of WHO. It is attended by delegations from all WHO Member States and focuses on a specific health agenda prepared by the …